My Family and Friends

Hello I m telling you the story about My Family and The Friends. Hope you enjoy this Blog

Saturday, January 06, 2007

I'm Going To Follow You.

This is a poem I have loved for years. It is designed for fathers, but I like to think of it for Mothers too.

I'm Going to Follow You
Walk a little plainer, Daddy,
Said a little boy so frail.
For I'm following in your footsteps
And I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very plain
Sometimes they're hard to see
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
For you are leading me.
I know that you once walked this way
Many years ago,
And what you did along the way
I'd really like to know.
For sometimes when I'm tempted,
I don't know what to do,
So walk a little plainer, Daddy
You know I'm following you.
Someday when I'm grown up
You are like I want to be,
Then I will have a little boy
Who'll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead him right
And help him to be true.
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
I'm going to follow you.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home