My Family and Friends

Hello I m telling you the story about My Family and The Friends. Hope you enjoy this Blog

Friday, December 22, 2006

Visiting Family and Friends

Mom and I went to see my Aunt Mary (Mom's sister) and attempted to visit two friends in a a Nursing home but could not locate but one.
Aunt Mary looked the best she has looked in a couple of years. She has a lady that comes in for 5 hours a day and helps her take a bath and helps her clean house or whatever she needs. She is a great companion for Aunt Mary. I contribute her looking and feeling better to this lady's great help. Sometimes friendship can be more important than medication.
We went to see Bea Wilson next, she's in a Nursing home. That bothered me. Bea is such a wonderful Christian lady. Her husband was an orphan and lived with dad's family when he was growing up. He wasn't a foster kid, that was before that. He just stayed where anyone would let him. He died about Ten years ago. I think Beau's hearing is going or her mind one. She was slow to respond and seemed like she wasn't focusing right. Maybe is was medication. I hope so. I pray I am able to take care of my parents I don't want them to never have to go to a place like that. Not while they are in their right mind. I wonder if that could be Bea's problem her room-mate has Alzheimer's Disease. I wonder if Beau is not getting enough healthy inaction with people and could be causing her to get depressed and confused. LOL Oh listen to me trying to figure things out. I know it isn't my job, God has a reason for everything and it all works in the full scheme of life. For some reason I just want to get in there and figure out why and is more often than not, no reason. (at least not for us to know)
Mom and I had a great day. We ate at Fire Mountain. I had pinto beans, lima beans, and Great Northern beans, Cole slaw, corn bread and ribs. I won't mention the desserts. Does that tell you how much I love beans LOL
I got home to find Brittany's friend Elisa Mitchell was spending the night. She is a good kid her and Brittany have been friends since 1st grade and now they are in 5th grade now. Anyway Bill told me that her step father is in the Cancer Center at the Baptist Hospital in WS. They just found out he has Leukemia and is given him a 50-50 chance. Her mother is 8 months pregnant and has the Flu. So her Grandma was trying to watch her and help her Mom and visit with her son-in-law. So looks like Elisa will stay with us probably until Christmas Eve. Probably a lot more after that. It's so sad because Chris is a nice guy he don't look but about 25. I guess he is older but don't know for use. This family needs all the prayers they can get. Sometimes, I wish I had more money to help people. There are other ways to help. Like now watching Elisa is a great relief to her Mom. Sometimes just visiting a nursing home even if you don't know anyone and talking to people, or helping feed patients is a great help. Some people in Nursing homes have no family to visit them.
I hope to start visiting and volunteering in Nursing homes.
Please remember this family in Prayer, I don't know his last name but God knows who you'll be prayering for. Smile. Also I am thankful to God for my own health has improved so much. It's amazing. The kidney problems are still there but I have more energy and doing more and more everyday. Smile I know has answered my prayers, not in my time but his and I am a wiser woman for the duration of being unable to do much. This time gives me a humble feeling. I pray to be able to relate better with others and their problems.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Vicki said…

    Thank God for you. You are such a caring person. You have such compassion. You would make a good nurse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home