My Family and Friends

Hello I m telling you the story about My Family and The Friends. Hope you enjoy this Blog

Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Cold December Night

It's a cold another cold December night for me. Seems this must be at least 50, I can remember as I think back (notice I didn't say have had, but I can remember). I can remember my parents going out shopping when I was so young
Me sneaking out to the living room to ask my older sister, if I could watch TV with her. Sure she said just get back to bed before Mom and Dad come in. We watched Lawrence Welk (you younger people won't know who that is). I loved to watch them sing and dance and how Lawrence would rock as he conducted the orchestra. It was too cool to be grown and able to dance and sing like that. That is probably the second December memories I have. The first was when my parents took me outside and showed me North Star and told me the story that went with the star. That is why I knew Lawrence Welk was my second because it was shortly after the first.
I remember so many December cold nights. Especially when my boys were little. I was trying to wrap gifts and hide them as they slept. I would take the boys outside starting in December after dark and always point to the brightest star, which was the North Star and telling them the story of that star.
Now on these December cold nights, I can share that same star, that was shared with me and I shared my children, is now shared with my grandchildren too. The brightest star is meaningless without the story that goes with it.
We all know the Great time in History when a King sent his Wise Men to follow that Star. That is just part of the Greatest Story Ever Told.
Isn't it amazing how one star can come to mean so much to so many.
This December Night I have so much to be thankful for. I praise God for Bucky getting a good job in his career field. I praise God for helping me through this month with so little money. I know not why somethings happen when I try so hard. I have certainly learned it is not for me to know. It is in God's hands. It has been in his time. I praise him for the good and stressful times. Later I know I realized the stressful times are when I felt his love stronger than ever.
Merry Christmas to all, Remember to share the North Star with a child that is a memory they will live for a lifetime.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Vicki said…

    That is so sweet! You have wonderful blogs. I enjoy reading them so much!

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger dorislea51 said…

    Thank you Vicki, I don't know what I am doing. I am just writing from the heart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home