My Family and Friends

Hello I m telling you the story about My Family and The Friends. Hope you enjoy this Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hello My First Time

Hey folks, I am visiting with Bucky, Mary, Justin, Tori and Ryan in TN now. Seems I never get to visit them enough. The kids are growing up so fast, I can't believe time went this fast for me as a kid. Ha Time just seemed to fly once I hit 30. Of course that was just last year. Smile. This is a picture of me on Mom and Dad's back porch don't ya just love the mops hanging up lol. Frankly I really don't care. My friends and my family accept me as I am, and they know I don't set out to try and impress the world. Having 6 siblings, I consider them my best friends. Our youngest sister died of cancer Nov 12th 2001. She was a great person, intelligent and talented, gifted in so many ways. So are all my siblings. I am the least talented and hey I can play a radio half the time without static. lol

I have been blessed to have to Wonderful Parents. Joseph & Mildred Mitchell. They had 7 children and have done for all of us everything the could and then some. They have 24 grandkids and today a total of 50 great- grandchildren and one on the way.



My Sons Bucky Carver (35) and Billy Carver (33) both married lovely women who bring joy and laughter to their lives and mine as well. I choose to call them daughter of love instead of daughter in law. These girls are not forced on me by law, but won me over through love.
I am proud of my sons being such devoted Fathers and Husbands.
Now for the Grandchildren. Jonathan Dwight Sturgill (Carver) born to Bill and Susan Sturgill.
This has been a rough and rocky road. Jonathan is such a delight but the stress of confrontation with his family has been almost unbearable to endure. One day I pray when Jonathan is old enough to think for himself he will be able to see the truth through the haze of lies and deceptions he has been taught about us. Jonathan is now 15 years old. I love him dearly. He loves to sing and loves watching wrestling.
Justin Lon Carver born to Bucky and Mary Carver now 15 years of age. Justin has been a real joy in my life he is always, he is such a comedian. He brightens my life just seeing him or hearing his voice on the phone. Justin is such an amazing young man. He is very sensitive to others needs and feelings. He is very intelligent and excels in his drawings, and anything he applies himself to.
Victoria Elizabeth Carver (Tori) born also to Bucky and Mary who is now 13 years of age. Tori has always been so independent. Tori has such special qualities. She is sweet and always wanting to be very helpful to others. Tori is deaf like her parents. So now she attends TN School for the Deaf in Knoxville (TSD) and spends most of her time during the week in the Dorm due to Sports practice. Tori is very competitive. She is very determined to show the world she can do anything better than most people. (and she does). Tori is playing Varsity Volleyball for TSD. She is the only 8th grader on the Varsity Team. We are very proud of her.
Brittany Lea Carver born to Bill and Tina Carver is now 10 years old. She is the only grandchild I got to watch being born. It was amazing. It was just sometihing every grandma should be allowed to do at least once. I felt like we bonded as soon as she was born. She is a grandma's girl and always has been. Brittany has such a pure heart. She is a witness for Jesus at such a young age.
Rebecca Marie Carver (Becky closest name her dad could get to his brother and best friend Bucky) born to Bill and Tina Carver now 8 years old. Rebecca keeps us laughing she is a drama queen, a comedian, and Prissy as any girl could ever be. She loves everyone, but she has my stubborn streak. You can sweet talk Becky into anything, you can't force her to do anything. She loves Jesus so much but she still has so many questions. Her and her sister go to church with their great grandparents (Mom-Mom & Pop-Pop). They both think the sun rises in sets in their Mom and Pop and when they get upset they always want to visit them just to get that extra hug they need.

I would like to say that I am blessed that all my grandchildren have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior and have been baptized. They are all intelligent and talented. I am such a lucky Grandma.


Ryan Monroe Carver born to Bucky and Mary now 7 years old. What can I say about this little boy. I could talk forever but it isn't fair to the others. He is our miracle child. He is living proof God does heal. Ryan is funny and happy. I honestly think he is the happiest child I have ever seen in my life. He's a clown and keeps us all laughing and talks like an adult (like a professor) lol I really don't think he's ever done a mean thing in his life. ha ha Ryan just confessed to me that sometimes he does bad things. lol Oh if you could see my grandkids thru my eyes you would know that God has blessed me with the best. I love each and everyone so much.

These are older pictures of all the kids but I will update them later with new pictures.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Supermonkey said…

    Great Blog Doris! A very good start. Interesting reading about the family and all the kids and grand kids. Keep up the great job.

    Robert :)

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger dorislea51 said…

    Thanks Robert. I enjoyed reading yours too. :-)

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Vicki said…

    Doris! You have done such a great job on your first post! I've learned more about your family and you too. (You can tell that by reading about what people write or say. I'm so proud to have met you and be friends with Mary and Bucky. Of course your grandkids are the best in the world! (except for mine. lol) What kind of grandma would you be if you didn't think that? God HAS truly blessed you and I hope he continues to do so. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger *~ Li ~*~ La ~*~ Lo ~* said…

    Mom!

    I am proud of you for doing this so you will be getting visitors checking you out :)

    Thanks for staying with Ryan and Justin this weekend and letting Bucky and I enjoy the trip to Va to see Tori play..

    Love you! Mary

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger dorislea51 said…

    Vicki, Thanks for the nice comments. I know what you mean about my grandkids being the best except for yours ha ha we all feel that way.
    I really appreciate you and Doug being there so much for Bucky and Mary, they value your friendship and I can see why. Thanks again for all you do and say. God has blessed them by having you both in their lives. later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home